The essential qualities for outstanding leader are:
1. Leadership by Example – serving as an example for others.
2. Visionary – providing a sense of direction for others.
3. Strong Communicator – listening and considering as well as speaking.
4. Trustworthy- behaving in a consistent, highly ethical, and fair manner.
5. Calm – staying cool under pressure, especially when things go wrong.
6. Open Minded – inviting constructive dissent or disagreements.
7. Professional – being respectable both at work and in their private lives.
8. Clear Thinking – simplifying things to maximize understanding and minimize confusion.
9. Nurturing – showing respect for all people, their opinions, and their capacity to achieve important results.
10. Supportive- helping others build on their strengths and showing appreciation.